The process controls are rigidly enforced throughout the production time to ensure that finished pipe fitting products are of best quality pipe fittings in India.
Important raw materials, other ingredients are tested, prior to their use, for their essential physical and chemical properties, in a well equipped laboratory to produce best quality products.
- Raw Casting are inspected for freedom from any such defects as blow holes, hard spots, cold shuts, shifts and sand depth etc.
- Annealed Castings are inspected for cracks and distortion.
- Galvanized Castings are inspected to ensure that the zinc coating is smooth, clean, continuous and free from black and acid spots.
- Machined fittings are inspected for any such defects on the threaded portions as thin threads, break threads, fins and pin holes.
(By sampling Method)
We carry out various tests during the course of production of best quality pipe fittings products includes the following
- To ensure that the "UNIK" Pipe Fittings are properly malleabillised, we carry out the Malleability test.
- To ensure that the "UNIK" Pipe Fittings are properly heat treated and have acquired desired tensile strength and elasticity, we carry out the Tensile Test.
- To ensure that the"UNIK" Pipe Fittings do not leak when subjected to a given. internal fluid pressure, pressure test is carried out.
(By sampling Method)
"UNIK" Brand .Pipe Fittings are inspected with the help of suitable instruments i.e. Thread Gauges. Templates, Micro Meter and Gauges for thread dimensions and alignment and over all dimensions and wall thickness.
Given below is the table which shows how the specifications of "UNIK" Brand Pipe Fittings compare favourably with other various standard specifications for Malleable Cast Iron Pipe Fittings applied in' different leading countries.
|Min. Tensile Strength (kgf/mm2)||32||30||30||28||28|
|Min. Elongation (%)||7||6||6||6||5|
|Min. zinc coating (gms/m2)||655||610||450||450||-|
|Max. Working Pressure (kgf/cm2) hydraulic||20||14||20||14||20|
|Angle Tolerance Degree (+/-)||0.50||1.00||0.50||0.45||0.40|